Who We Are
We are a United Methodist congregation. The United Methodist Church is a global church that opens hearts, opens doors and opens minds through active engagement with our world. To find out more about United Methodism, visit www.umc.org.
In the summer of 1950, God moved in the lives of thirteen families, to start a church in the rapidly growing development of west Nashville. With the help of Bishop Paul B. Kern and the TN conference of the United Methodist Church, Rev. Everett Tilson was appointed to help establish and organize this new congregation. Everett was a student at the Vanderbilt School of Theology. On September 24th, 1950, the church held its first service at the Parmer School on Leake Ave. Then, the church sought to have property of it's own and first bought property on the corner of Jackson Blvd. and Harding Place in the city of Belle Meade (which is why the church is called Belle Meade UMC). However, this is not where the church was built. For various reasons, the church finally bought property and built where it currently stands on the corner of Davidson and Post Rd.